The Elements of Style, Fourth Edition Get it now!


This edition of the Elements of Style does NOT include the material by E.B. White! For some incomprehensible reason, the publishers have stripped all of White's excellent observations, tips, and essay material out of the book.

I grew up with Strunk & White. I used it as a college teacher and tutor. I used it for decades as a professional writer. When my copy was destroyed in a fire, I sought to replace it and was entirely too careless: I simply looked for the same title ("The Elements of Style") and clicked to order it.

I would award Strunk & White five stars. Without White's material, The Elements of Style is a two-star book. This weak-tea version of "Elements" is merely adequate. If you really want insight into style, purchase Stunk & WHITE. I was careless; I want to alert other purchasers before they make the same error. Get more detail about The Elements of Style, Fourth Edition.