Low Price Return to the Hundred Acre Wood (Winnie-The-Pooh Collection)


Phew! I can breathe easy. "Return to the Hundred Acre Wood" is delightfully in step with the original Pooh books by A. A. Milne. I believe Milne would be delighted to see his work carried on in a fashion so true to his own.

As a mother of three I have grown to love the Pooh books in adulthood while sharing them with my children. Our family favorites have been "Winnie the Pooh in the Hundred Acre Wood" and "The World of Christopher Robin."

I must admit I was worried about the introduction of a new character invented by someone other than Milne, but Lottie seems to fit with our cherished old friends as though she were always meant to join them. Even though Lottie is a wonderful new addition, it is really the return of our favorite time tested characters with their delightful funny charm that makes this new book so great.

Mark Burgess did a wonderful job creating classic beautiful illustrations for the book. The only qualm I would make about them is that Roo looks like a squirrel instead of a kangaroo. Kanga is drawn perfectly as a Kangaroo, so I'm not quite sure why Roo is illustrated so strangely. This made me crazy throughout the book and it took quite a bit of work to convince my kids that these pictures truly were of Roo.

All in all the book is wonderful and I'm so happy to now own it. I know it is one of those that will be read over and over in my home through the years. Thank you to David Benedictus, and Mark Burgess, for remaining so true to the original works of Milne, and thank you to all those at Pooh properties who allowed this book to happen.

Return to the Hundred Acre Wood is the perfect addition to the libraries of all Pooh fans!

To read more of this review including a few of my favorite humorous scenes and quotes from the book visit:

[...]Get more detail about Return to the Hundred Acre Wood (Winnie-The-Pooh Collection).