Buy Julie Andrews' Collection of Poems, Songs, and Lullabies


After getting some sad news last night, I headed out to the local Barnes and Noble Bookstore in Roseville at 9pm at night, with the full intention of purchasing this book. I was enthralled by what I had heard about it and just wanted to read it. I purchased it and headed home....excited about curling up with a warm blanket with a new book by one of my favorite actors and singers...Miss Julie Andrews. I have read Julie's memoir "Home" and absolutely loved it so I was excited to read her latest book...Julie did not disappoint!

This book is fabulous. Yes it is a "children's book" but as a woman in my thirties, I can tell you that I enjoyed reading this book as much as I imagine any child would enjoy it. It is a book that both children and adults can enjoy. The illustrations are lustrious...the poetry and song lyrics welcoming and comforting. By the time I was finished reading it, I felt like I had been taken on a wonderful journey and really felt a comfort and peacefulness, even after such a hard day that I had.

So, for anyone wanting to read a wonderful book, I highly suggest this book. Whether you are a child or a child at heart, you will enjoy the journey and you too will feel encouraged and uplifted by the selection of poems and song lyrics in this book. Julie Andrews is an amazing and gifted writer. I have to say this book is definitely one of my "favorite things!"Get more detail about Julie Andrews' Collection of Poems, Songs, and Lullabies.