The Hunger Games Decide Now


The Hunger Games was quite a page turner, and while I did enjoy it, I didn't quite love the book.

I'm not going to go through the plot as quite a few people have read it, or if they haven't, there are plenty of sources to find that information. I will say that the plot was, in my view, the best part of the book. As I said above, it's quite a page turner, but although I didn't think the writing was bad per se, I didn't feel it was up to par with The Giver by Lois Lowry or The House of the Scorpion by Nancy Farmer. The romance angle in the book irritated me a bit. I understand to a degree why it was necessary to the plot, but I thought it could have been a little more well done. Another minor irritation was the naming of the characters in the book. I suppose it was done on purpose, but I felt it distracted me from the story every time I came upon a strange name. I've never really noticed it in books like Lord of the Rings, etc., but in this book the names just seemed a bit silly.

Even with all that said, I did like the book quite a bit and plan on reading the entire trilogy. I hate to be too negative when I actually enjoyed it, but since it's received so many rave reviews, I just thought I'd explain why my rating was a little lower.Get more detail about The Hunger Games.